Bealtaine Festival, Fingal County Council and The Tyrone Guthrie Centre, are pleased to announce two inaugural, month-long, residencies at the Tyrone Guthrie Centre during May 2022. These residences aim to celebrate and support older artists at all stages of their careers working in literature and visual arts.
The residencies will offer a professional visual artist and a professional writer the opportunity to research or develop new work in response to the Bealtaine Festival theme of ‘Interdependence,’ with the potential, if desired, to present work during Bealtaine 2023. The award is open to writers and visual artists working in all disciplines. We welcome and encourage applications from writers and visual artists from diverse cultural or minority backgrounds.
The residencies aim to address Fingal Arts goals, through its Arts Plan 2020 – 2025, of: connecting people and ideas; enabling excellence and fostering experimentation and risk taking. These residencies similarly support the Bealtaine Festivals aim of celebrating creative ageing, and representation in the arts of and by older people. This initiative also supports the three organisations aim to foster the professional development of artists in their ongoing practice.
The one-month long residencies at the Tyrone Guthrie Centre, located in the beautiful, tranquil setting of County Monaghan, will provide an ideal environment to focus on research or the development of new work in response to the Bealtaine Festival theme.
The Residency will include:
- En Suite accommodation and full board in the Big House at the Tyrone Guthrie Centre will be provided for a professional writer from 1 – 31 May 2022 and includes quiet writing space.
- En Suite accommodation and full board in the Big House at the Tyrone Guthrie Centre will be provided for a visual artist from 1 – 31 May 2022.
- Use of a visual art studio or a print studio (for artists working in print).
- A stipend of €960 for travel and material costs. An honorarium of €100 per artist towards an artist talk during Bealtaine Festival 2022, if desired.
- Applicants must have been born, have studied, or currently reside in the Fingal administrative area.
- Applicants must be aged 50+.
- The successful applicants must be able to commit to the month of May as the residency will take place from 1 – 31 May 2022.
Bealtaine Festival Theme
For further information on the Tyrone Guthrie Centre please see: www.tyroneguthrie.ie
Closing date for receipt of applications: Friday 25th March at 4pm